Thursday, August 20, 2009

Day 27: Cardio X

So I cheated a little today. I was supposed to do Yoga X, but I didn't have an hour and a half to work out, so I decided to try Cardio X instead. I'm glad I did! Cardio X is a combination of yoga, plyometrics, kenpo, and core synergistics. It was great because I've done all of those workouts before, so I knew how to do everything. It was definitely a good workout--and it was only 43 minutes long. So now I know what to do next time I want a good cardio workout and don't have a lot of time. I can see myself doing this a few times a week when I've finished my 90 days.

Speaking of which, I'm almost done with week 4 and phase 1! I can't believe it! I haven't noticed as much of a dramatic change in the way I look these past two weeks as I did in the first two weeks. But I know I'm still making progress, and I'll do my measurements and pictures this weekend, so I'll have a more objective comparison.

As exhausted as I am when I get home from work, I always feel better and more energized after I work out. I like that feeling, but the problem is that I can't get to sleep as early as I'd like to. I have to figure out some way to get more sleep--I've been really tired lately. Maybe it will be better next month when I'll be back to working 10 min from where I live. That 45 minute commute really takes it out of me, especially after a long day of work.

Another thing I'm looking forward to next month: no more tumor boards! Hopefully tomorrow's will go well. And I don't think I even got the cases for Monday's tumor board today--not that I would have had time to look at them anyway. Blah. 4 more tumor boards to go.

I'm going to read and hopefully go to bed soon. I've started (re)reading Fahrenheit 451. I love that book, but I haven't read it in years. I have to start thinking about other books to read after I'm done with it too. Next month when I don't have tumor boards hanging over my head on the weekends, I'm going to find a little coffee shop and sit and read there. I can't wait. It's the little things that make me happy :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment