Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Day 31: Back and Biceps

I did plyometrics yesterday. I am SO SORE today, and it will probably be worse tomorrow. I think I'm as sore this week as I was the first week. I'm not sure why, but I don't really mind :-)

Back and Biceps today. I like this one. It was a combination of pullups (or resistance bands for me) and dumbbells to work the biceps. A lot of the exercises were the same as those in Chest and Back and Arms and Shoulders. I used the heaviest weights I could and still do 12-15 reps, and my arms were definitely exhausted by the end. And now I've officially done all 12 of the workouts, which is pretty cool. I really like this one, Arms and Shoulders, Yoga, Kenpo, and Plyometrics (as crazy as it is). I really do NOT like Ab Ripper X, and I'm not a huge fan of Core Synergistics. Everything else is somewhere in the middle, but I mostly like them.

I hope I see the same kind of results in the next 60 days as I did in the first 30. I'm happy so far, but I still have a very long way to go. It's a little frustrating sometimes that I've already had significant results, but I'm not nearly where I want to be. So I'm going to keep going and hopefully I'll get there. I think that once I've finished these 90 days I'll do the lean version, which is more cardio. Should be good.

I slept earlier than usual last night, probably because I was so exhausted by the plyo. Today I'm not quite so tired, but hopefully I'll get to sleep at a reasonable time. Only one more tumor board on Friday, and then one more on Monday, which is my last day. I'm looking forward to September and being back with the rest of my fellow residents.

I'm thinking of baking cupcakes this weekend. Either lemon or red velvet. I've been on a quest for the perfect red velvet cupcake recipe for the past few months. I think the new one I've found looks promising. We'll see.

Time to do some reading and then go to bed. Exciting, I know ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment