Sunday, August 23, 2009

Day 29: Chest, Shoulders, and Triceps

Yesterday was my sister's birthday, so I went to visit my family for the day. I was expecting to get back home early enough to work out, but there was a crazy thunderstorm on my way home, and I got back late. I've never driven in rain that bad--I could hardly see where I was going. So I pushed everything back one day again. I don't like doing that, but I figure it's better than skipping a workout completely. I may have to rearrange things a little bit, or maybe double up one day, since I'd rather have my rest day be Friday rather than Saturday. But we'll see how it goes.

Anyway, today is the first day of week 5 and phase 2! The workout today was Chest, Shoulders, and Triceps. It was a combination of pushups and dumbbell exercises. I liked it, but pushups--especially that many pushups--are still really hard for me. I did my best, though, and I'm definitely expecting to be sore in the next day or two.

I took my pictures and measurements today. Not a huge change in the pictures, but there's still some visible progress (I think). I lost another inch from my waist since week 2, as well as half an inch from each arm and thigh. So not too shabby, if I do say so myself. I've still got a long way to go, but if I'm only a third of the way through and I've already done this well, I'm definitely looking forward to the end results!

I'm done preparing my tumor board for tomorrow. After that, only 2 more to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment